Today, I got back from Los Angeles after a weekend full of fun, music, tourism, and little sleep. Did I study at all for finals? Nope. Did I have a great time? Yes, yes, yes!
- Combat boots are made for running – when you have minimal time to get through security and to your gate on time, a swift sprint is typically involved.
- Leaving your pillow-pet with TSA on accident is not an easy issue to resolve… Luckily that wild-goose chase worked out. After getting sent to all parts of Dallas-Love Field airport (both places we are allowed and those we are not), Ping and I were happily reunited. He says hello.
- My friends and I look like we can sing well, apparently. It’s always a party when you put together carnivals, free things, and talent agents promising free Starbucks.
- Pizza and burgers are always good choices, especially when that is basically all you eat for 48 hours.
- California has mountains. How foreign!
- Even with laryngitis, Taylor Swift sounds 500x better than me (which isn’t saying much, but still). Side note, I need to befriend her stylist…
- Ed Sheeran made a surprise appearance and played my favorite song off this album. I’m going to be honest, multiple tears were shed (no judgement, Ed Sheeran is life) and I don’t think I will recover from that glorious moment until he comes to his senses and tours in TX.
- If you burst out screaming every word of all of the 5 Seconds of Summer songs, you will get judgmental looks from pre-teens and mothers alike. So. Worth. It.
- Seeing James Dean everywhere turns me into Taylor Swift minus the talent. I apologize.
- Miley Cyrus designs good milkshakes. Peanut butter cups and cookie dough? Yes, please.
- Walking down Rodeo Drive makes me feel fancy *cue Iggy.* Now all I need is a black AMEX…
- Watching fireworks is even better while wearing Minnie Mouse ears!
- Finding out your team didn’t make the playoffs is even more depressing on an airplane. We had a great season, boys! Go Frogs!
Overall, Heather and I were blessed to be able to travel across the country, see a great friend, and pretend that we didn’t have homework and graduation looming. Much love, LA, and see you soon!