I am very blessed. I have SO many things to be thankful for. I am healthy. I have fabulous friends. I love my major. Jesus loves me. I am happy.
But sometimes I forget that. I get caught up in the day to day falsity that I need more or I need to be more and don’t think about how grateful I am for what I do have. Satan thrives off these thoughts.
This semester I’ve started to keep a gratitude journal. So far I’ve got 23 pages of 20 lines. That’s at least 450 things (give or take for overlap).
Here are a few I’d like to share:
- As I begin to write this, I’m sitting in Molly’s bathroom. Cassie has started Thor, Molly is eating pretzels by the handful, and Kayla is shaking in the bathtub. I am leaning against the cabinet, surrounded by backpacks, memory boxes, Bibles, cords, and stuffed animals. This is my happy place. Surrounded by people I love. At peace. (I’d also like to point out that we’re under extreme tornado watch – we don’t normally do this 😉)
- Sushi. I have eaten more library sushi this semester than I can be proud of.
- Sitting front rows at concerts.
- The semester is almost over. Chile, here we come!
- Getting texts saying, “can I pick you up so we can get In N Out and scream?”
- Actually going to the river at 10 PM and drinking unsweetened iced tea.
- Fuzzy socks.
- Sitting at Brewed, drinking coffee, eating donuts, and crying because I’m laughing so hard.
- Rain. The other day at Intern Meeting we talked about how we all have a favorite thing about nature and it lines up with your favorite thing about God. Rain is mine.
- Getting to talk to people about things I love.
- Getting to hear people talk about things they love.
- Potbelly nights that raise $520 for The Net and having all of my friends come out to support.
- Friends bringing me Reese’s on a bad day.
- Practicing for the HIS talent show + not actually having a talent show because of the storm.
- Mom coming up for lunch with Kelsey and me.
- Thesis presentations. (I’m still in disbelief that’s going to be me within the year.)
- Having long conversations about drumming and bass playing with our friends at The Net.
- Printing photos.
- Blueberry muffins.
I am turning 21 in less than two weeks. That’s something else to be grateful for!
We are all blessed by the little things because it’s always the little things that seem the biggest.