I used to make these crostinis a lot my senior year of college and recently was reminded of them. I mean come on; goat cheese, bread, and honey? I’m in.
I originally found this recipe (if you can call it one) on Pinterest, but I sadly don’t think I ever pinned it so I cannot link the original post I saw. On Pinterest, if you do a quick search, there are so many variations – adding herbs, nuts, and fruit, the possibilities are endless!
The thing I like most about this easy snack is that it feels super fancy but you’re literally just making fancy toast.
I picked up all of my ingredients from Trader Joe’s, but I’ve used all types of bread, cheese, and honey and it doesn’t make too much of a difference.
- French Bread Baguette
- Goat Cheese (spreadable)
That’s it. Like I mentioned earlier, you can definitely experiment here with extra ingredients to match your craving.
Time: 3 minutes
- Pre-heat oven – I don’t wait until to put them in until it’s ready, so I typically set to 350 F
- Cut baguette into one-inch slices with a bread knife (or just one serrated)
Time: 5 minutes
- Put the slices into the oven – I place them directly on the oven rack so that they don’t fall
- I typically leave them for a few minutes (two or three) and then flip them for a few more minutes (two of three)
Time: 3 minutes
- Spread a thin layer of goat cheese on one side of the cooked baguette with a butter knife
- Drop a small dollop of honey in the middle and spread on top of the honey with the same bread knife
And voila! You have a delicious snack, probably not filled with all of your vitamins and minerals but you’re not eating M&Ms by the handful? You deserve another slice.
Have you made these before? Or something similar? Let me know in the comments below.