For Father’s Day this year, I knew I wanted to do a brewery tour. I did some good ‘ol Googling and stumbled upon something even better – a beer walk.
If you’ve ever done the Plano Magazine Wine Walk* (or even if you haven’t), this sister event has a very similar concept – you walk around Willow Bend Mall in Plano, TX, drink beer from local breweries, and support local businesses .
*The Wine Walk is located at Plano’s Main Square, not Willow Bend Mall.
There are a certain number of small, local stores participating – we had 14, but that number can vary – around the mall that are paired up with small breweries. Each store is denoted with a “sampling location” sign out front and you can walk through both the stores and the mall with your samples. Many stores are giving discounts throughout the night, too!
Here are some logistics:
- Tickets are $14 in advance, $20 at the door
- Each participant is given a 3 oz glass (see below for a picture) and each station can give you up to 3 oz. You can mix and match between a few they have, or go all-in for one. Please drink responsibly!
- Each location has a “rinsing station” so you don’t have to worry about finishing one you don’t like or having lingering beer from the last one.
- In addition to the stores participating, the rest of the mall is open and there are pop-up vendors.
- If you get to at least six stations (and have them mark on your card), you can enter into a drawing. Must be present to win.
Here’s the link to the Plano Magazine Beer Walk for all of the details.
Here’s a list of all of the stores at the mall that were participating (an asterisk denotes a discount given the night of the event – subject to change event to event):
Bailey Banks & Biddle*
Paint My Pottery*
North Texas Performing Arts
The Little Belt Shop*
Lone Star Iron Doors
Speranza Design Gallery*
Wicker Park Home
Here’s a list of all of the breweries that were participating (linked, subject to change event to event):
Plano Magazine seems to do these every other month so keep your eyes peeled for the next one! You don’t want to miss it.